Just some tips I have from my experience getting healthy.
- Focus on adding instead of removing. Add in more healthy foods. Find healthier options for foods you love to eat. Add in more servings of fruit and veggies. Eventually there won’t be any room for unhealthy foods. It also helps you get used to eating vegetables if that is something you struggle with.
- Only buy foods you like. If you don’t like salads, don’t buy them and don’t force yourself to eat them. If you buy a bunch of food that you don’t like you will end up throwing it all away or you will end up hating eating healthy. Health is supposed to be enjoyable, not a punishment.
- Set yourself up for success. Buy enough food for the week. Get snacks and even some treats like dark chocolate. Make a meal and workout plan for the week so you know exactly what you are doing and eating every day.
- Have realistic expectations for yourself. We all would love to just start eating completely healthy and doing insane workouts but you have to remember that everyone starts somewhere. Even if you just eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies every day for a week and walk 20 minutes everyday. You are making huge steps toward your health. Set small goals you know you can accomplish!
- Meal prep is a lifesaver! Cook up some food when you have time. Make it simple to grab food and go.
- Learn, learn, learn. Learn everything you can about fitness and health. Don’t rely on others to tell you what is right and wrong.
- Figure out why you are working out. Workouts are hard if there is no purpose behind them. Whether you just have fun being active, you want to run a marathon, you want to live to be 90 or you are training to be a pro fighter (like me). Find your reason.
You should be so proud of yourself for every step you make towards taking control of your life and health. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle!”
That’s all I have for now (: Happy monday! i hope you have an immensely successful week!
“How was your day?”
“Text me when you get home so I know you’re safe”
“How are you?”
“I hope you’re feeling better”
“Have a good day today!”
“I miss you”
“Can you come over?”
“Can I come over?”
“Can I see you?”
“Can I call you?”
“Want something to drink?”
“Watch your step”
“Let’s watch a movie”
“What are you up to?”
“How is your day so far?”
“It will be okay”
“I’m here for you”
“Do you need anything?”
“Are you hungry?”
“I just wanted to hear your voice”
“You just made my day”
You don’t have to hear “I Love You” to know that someone does. Listen carefully. People speak from the heart more often than you think."
Here’s an easy little 31 day abs program for all of you. It makes use of 4 of the top exercises for the abdominals and obliques based off of scientific research. These exercises have been shown to product significantly more muscle activation than a standard crunch. Though some might argue that there are other ab exercises you should be doing. If you are looking for a good place to start that doesn’t require a lot of equipment, give this workout a try. If you are doing the31 day perfect butt program you can easily include this workout as a part of your plan by simply including it on the day after your lower body workout. Feel free to print these two images out and post them on your wall.
Thank you to all my new and old followers, I appreciate each and everyone of you! Lets encourage each other to live the best life possible. I’m about the whole woman. I post about God, fitness, beauty, dance, quotes, food, etc. I hope you gain something even if it is little. But be blessed and have a great Thursday and try not to laugh too hard at my throw back Thursday pics lol (^_^)
I feel bad for those who came down South for the winter. Lol